BUILD YOUR LIFE RESUME SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Build Your Life Resume Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on July 1, 2018 at 12:00am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on May 1, 2019 at 12:01 am PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is The 100 Mile Group, LLC (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant (as defined below) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Build Your Life Resume Sweepstakes Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Please review the Rules carefully. If you do not agree to the Rules in their entirety, you are not permitted to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission and processing of Entries (as defined below) and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States of America who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age in your jurisdiction) and that can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law. Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Monthly Prize (as defined below). Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Monthly Prize. For purposes of these Rules, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. For purposes of these Rules, “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You (an “Entrant”) may enter the Sweepstakes by submitting an entry at the Build Your Life Resume website located at http://jesseitzler.com/life-resume (the “Site”). The information that you must provide in order to submit an entry on the Site includes your: (i) full name; (ii) e-mail address; (iii) mailing address; (iv) a description of the “Life Resume” experience that you want to submit for consideration; and (v) any other information requested by us on the entry form (“Site Registration Data”). You will receive one (1) entry where you complete the Site entry form (each, an “Entry”). Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. You may submit only one (1) Entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. All Entries must be received by Sponsor by the end of the Sweepstakes Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTRATIONS, ENTRIES, CLAIMS OR NOTICES THAT ARE LOST, LATE, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED, INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT. IF YOU FAIL TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WHERE YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE SITE, YOU WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR A PRIZE.
4. PRIZES: There will be one (1) winner selected for each calendar month during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Winner”). Each Winner will receive a lump sum payment of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), payable by check to fund an experience to add to their respective Life Resume (each, a “Monthly Prize”). Only one (1) Monthly Prize per person, including all Household Members, will be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period. Monthly Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by Winners. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a Monthly Prize described in these Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Monthly Prize items. Each Monthly Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within eligible locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold taxes from any winning Monthly Prize, as appropriate. Failure to comply with the Rules will result in forfeiture of the Monthly Prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION/ODDS OF WINNING: Each Entry will be collected and stored in the Sweepstakes Database. For purposes of these Rules, the “Sweepstakes Database” is defined as the entire list of Entries, identified by e-mail address, collected during the Sweepstakes Period. Each potential Monthly Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes Database. The random drawing for each Monthly Prize will be conducted on or about the first of the following calendar month by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final and binding on all parties. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Each potential Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided in the Registration Data within approximately seven (7) days after each random drawing. Each potential Winner must accept a Monthly Prize by e-mail as directed by Sponsor within seven (7) days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive e-mail account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or a potential Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any e-mail account.
Any Winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in Monthly Prize forfeiture (Entrants should ensure that their Registration Data is accurate and up to date). The potential Monthly Prize Winners shall be subject to eligibility verification. Each potential Monthly Prize Winner will be required to execute a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”) and return such Prize Claim Documents within thirty (30) days following attempted notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in forfeiture of the Monthly Prize, with an alternative Monthly Prize Winner to be selected by Sponsor. In addition, each potential Monthly Prize Winner will be required to provide picture proof of identification, which may include a driver’s license, passport, voting card or similar government issued identification, and proof that she/he is the Entrant that submitted the applicable winning Entry. The return of a Monthly Prize and/or Monthly Prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture. In no case shall Sponsor be liable in any manner where a potential Monthly Prize Winner has not received notification sent from Sponsor or where Sponsor fails to receive a response from the potential Monthly Prize Winner within the required response period. The winning Entries, as well as the associated information of the potential Monthly Prize Winners, must identically match the records maintained by Sponsor in order for a Monthly Prize to be awarded. In the event of a dispute, the information maintained by Sponsor will govern. Entries will be deemed made by the person under whose e-mail address the Entry was submitted, regardless of who actually submitted the Entry. No substitution or transfer of a Monthly Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (including the awarding of any Monthly Prize(s)) in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and Monthly Prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining Monthly Prizes in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, agencies and their respective members, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from, or in connection with, the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, liability arising from copyright infringement, improper use of likeness, personal injury, death, damages or monetary loss. Restrictions, conditions and limitations apply. By entering, each Entrant further agrees that, in the event that there is any conflict or other inconsistency between the Rules and any advertisements, promotional or marketing materials, e-mails or announcements relevant to the Sweepstakes, these Rules will govern.
10. CHOICE OF LAW/DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CLASS ACTION LIMITATION. Any disputes arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law principles). Should a dispute arise concerning the Sweepstakes, the terms and conditions of these Rules or the breach of same by any party hereto: (a) the parties agree to submit their dispute for resolution by arbitration before a reputable arbitration organization as mutually agreed upon by the parties; and (b) you agree to first commence a formal dispute proceeding by completing and submitting an Initial Dispute Notice to us which can be found here . We may choose to provide you with a final written settlement offer after receiving your Initial Dispute Notice (“Final Settlement Offer”). If we provide you with a Final Settlement Offer and you do not accept it, or we cannot otherwise satisfactorily resolve your dispute, you can submit your dispute for resolution by arbitration before a reputable arbitration organization as mutually agreed upon by the parties, in your county of residence, by filing a separate Demand for Arbitration, which can be found here. For claims of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) or less, you can choose whether the arbitration proceeds in person, by telephone or based only on submissions. If the arbitrator awards you relief that is greater than our Final Settlement Offer, then we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration and, if you retained an attorney to represent you in connection with the arbitration, we will reimburse any reasonable attorneys’ fees that your attorney accrued for investigating, preparing and pursuing the claim in arbitration. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to preclude any party from: (i) seeking injunctive relief in order to protect its rights pending an outcome in arbitration; and/or (ii) pursuing the matter in small claims court rather than arbitration. Although we may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses if we prevail in arbitration, we will not seek such an award from you unless the arbitrator determines that your claim was frivolous.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit as to any claim, dispute or controversy that you may have against Sponsor and/or its employees, officers, directors, members, representatives and/or assigns. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in the suit. You agree to pay the attorney’s fees and court costs that Sponsor incurs in seeking such relief. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits: (A) does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights or remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above; and (B) is an independent agreement. You may opt-out of these dispute resolution provisions by providing written notice of your decision within thirty (30) days of the date that you first submit an Entry in connection with the Sweepstakes.
12. LEGAL WARNING. Any attempt by any individual, whether or not an Entrant, to damage, destroy, tamper with or vandalize the Site, or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Sweepstakes, is a violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor will diligently pursue any and all remedies in this regard against any offending individual or entity to the fullest extent permissible by law and in equity.
13. SEVERABILITY: Should any part of these Rules be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
14. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Monthly Prize Winner list and/or a copy of these Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The 100 Mile Group, LLC, cc: Build Your Life Resume at 784 Morris Turnpike, Suite 148, Short Hills, NJ 07078. Requests for the names of the Winners must be received no later than July 31, 2019. For accessing a Monthly Prize Winner list online, please visit the Site for additional information. The Monthly Prize Winner list will be posted after each Monthly Prize Winner confirmation is complete.
15. SPONSOR: The 100 Mile Group, LLC with an address at 3035 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, [email protected]